Title Escrow Officer, Refinance
Remote position in AZ or CA
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Title Escrow Officer, Refinance, is responsible for the coordination of the refinance closings. Escrow Officers need to communicate with all parties involved to provide excellent customer service and help facilitate a smooth and successful closing.
Duties and responsibilities
- – Respond to customer and client inquiries received via phone, fax, or emails in a timely fashion with a professional, courteous, pleasant, and personable manner.
- – Review title for any outstanding deeds of trusts, judgments, and liens.
- – Obtain payoff information for all liens reported on the title binder, confirm what taxes are owed and run bankruptcy & patriot searches on all current owners and borrowers. Order any surveys needed.
- – Prepare deeds, judgment affidavits, continuous marriage, estate docs, trust docs, and any other documents needed for a particular file, while meeting state specific requirements.
- – Schedule closing with the borrowers and if the closing is taking place out of the area, locate and assign a notary using SnapDocs.
- – Confirm file is balanced and the wire amount given by the lender is correct; make sure all invoices match checks before providing to post-closing.
- – Prepare closing packages (either by printing them or uploading them to the notary) for customer signature.
- – Help post-closing with anything needed to record and disburse.
- – If files are short and/or rejected, recover any monies owed and correct any additional problems that may arise after closing.
- – Escrow Officers are to assist continued business growth by maintaining close relationships with all parties including but not limited to: agents, in office relationships, management, sales and overall personal growth.
- – Other job related duties as necessary.